- Quick technique for great roasted nuts
- John Driscoll
- 1 cup (225 ml) raw peanuts
- 1 tsp (5 ml) butter or margarine
- salt to taste
- Place 1 cup (225 ml) of shelled peanuts in microwave safe container (I use a small Pyrex bowl).
- Add 1 tsp (5 ml) butter, which willmelt as the nuts heat-up.
- Microwave on high for about 4-5 minutes stopping every minute or so to stir the nuts.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- They will "crisp-up" as they cool.
- This is a fast way to "roast" small quantities of raw nuts. It's important to stir frequently and watch for any signs of burning. It will be tempting to eat right away but they will be really hot...give them a few minutes to cool before enjoying.