- Quick iced coffee drink made in the blender
- John Driscoll
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk or half & half
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) instant hot chocolate mix (type you mix with water)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) instant coffee granules or 1/2 cup (125 ml) very strong coffee (cold)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) honey
- 1 cup (225 ml) ice (as needed for desired consistancy)
- Blend all ingredients (except ice) at high speed.
- Add ice, blending as you add, until drink reaches desired consistancy.
- More honey may be added for sweetness or you can substitue with artifical sweetner--to taste.
- I got this recipe from a blender demonstrator at the State Fair. His sample was so good I tried it at home with great success (no, I didn't buy the overpriced blender). The option, on a hot summer day, is to pay your local coffee shop $2.50 or more for the same drink. Enjoy!