- My Mother-in-law
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried Italian seasoning (oregano and basil)
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can crushed tomatoes
- 3 oz (84 grm). chopped proscuito
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vodka
- 8 oz (224 grm). light cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded romano cheese
- cooked pasta
- Melt butter and cook onion, garlic and Italian seasoning until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes, simmer 10 minutes.
- Add vodka, simmmer 5 minutes.
- Add cream and shredded cheese.
- Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Serve over cooked pasta.