- Barb M
- 3 bananas
- 2 T orange juice
- 1 (6oz) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 T shortening
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) finely chopped pecans or flaked coconut
- 6 wooden skewers
- Peel bananas, and slice in half crosswise.
- Brush bananas with orange juice.
- Insert wooden skewers in cut end of bananas.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze until firm.
- Combine chocolate and shortening in top of double boiler; bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts.
- Cool slightly.
- Spoon chocolate evenly over frozen bananas; immediately roll coated bananas in pecans or coconut.
- Serve at once or wrap in plastic and freeze.