- From AR Governor's Mansion Cook book first used for Gov. Faubus now well liked by Pres.Clinton and Chelsea
- Kristy Cooper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). butter
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- Grease and flour tube pan.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Then add the dry ingredients one at a time, mixing in a third of the buttermilk after each one.
- Bake in tube pan at 350 for one hour and 25 min.
- It is imporant to beat very well when it says to beat. The beating is how the cake rises. When it says add the dry ingredients one at a time that would be the flour one cup at a time. I've tried baking many pound cakes and this is the best. Sara Lee comes in second and Martha White mix
in a pouch would be third.