Asian Honey Garlic Spareribs
- Honey Garlic Spareribs
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). pork spareribs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slices fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). MSG (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cooking wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Taipan Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). roasted sesame seeds
- Separate ribs between bones and precook in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes. Chop into 2" lengths.
- Heat wok on high heat, add oil, garlic and ginger.
- Quickly add ribs and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Then add water, MSG and soy sauce.
- Cover and steam ribs for 10 minutes on medium high heat.
- When water has evaporated, add cooking wine and honey garlic sauce.
- Stir for a few minutes, garnish with sesame seeds and serve.