- Sweet & Sour Pork
- 1 lb (.5 kg). boneless pork loin or tenderloin, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Taipan Oyster Sauce
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) tempura batter mix
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green or red pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Taipan Sweet & Sour Sauce
- cooked rice or noodles
- Marinate pork cubes in mixture of 2 tbsp (30 ml) Taipan Oyster Sauce, 1 tbsp (15 ml) water and pepper (to taste) for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour water into a bowl, add tempura batter mix and mix with fork until lumpy.
- Coat pork cubes in batter mixture.
- Heat oil and garlic on high heat in skillet or wok until lightly browned. Add pork and stir fry 3-4 minutes or until cooked through (test by cutting a cube).
- Add red or green pepper and stir fry approximately 1 minute.
- Drain pineapple and add chunks with Taipan Sweet & Sour Sauce.
- Stir until all ingredients are hot.
- Serve on a bed of rice or noodles.
- Sauces can be aquired through http://www.taipansauces.com