- Ground pears, crushed pineapple & sugar
Serves/Makes:depends on size jar you use
- 1 quart (950 ml) ground pears
- 1 can (20 ounce) crushed pineapple
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sugar
- 3 tsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- Peel and grind pears.
- Add pears and rest of ingredients and heat until sugar dissolves, then cook until mixture is thick and clear.
- Pack into hot canning jars & seal.
- I use the food processor for grinding the pears. This is a very old recipe so I cook on medium heat and watch closely. Also another recipe says to process the hot, filled jars in boiling water (212 degrees) bath canner for 10 minutes.