- Traditional Italian Appetizer
- B. D'Amico
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cracked Pepper
- Shredded Parmessan Cheese
- Misc. Herbs to taste if desired (basil, rosemary, etc)
- Fresh loaf of hard crust Itailian bread
- Start with a plate; add oil.
- Add salt, pepper, and plenty of cheese to taste.
- Add herbs if desired.
- Dip bread generously.
- As an Italian, this was a "throw together" staple at every meal. It's popularity is new at restaraunts, but it has been around for a long time on the dinner table in Italian homes! Generally, it was the "interim" appetizer between getting everyone seated and getting them served. The olive oil is the key; never go "cheap" on the olive oil! For a real treat, and a hearty appetizer, try roasted peppers on fresh bread!