Serves/Makes:6 to 8
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 3 cups (700 ml) day old bread cut in cubes
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 eggs beaten
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 cups (1900 ml) boiling water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive in saucepan and saute whole cloves of garlic until light golden brown.
- Remove garlic and set aside.
- Fry bread cubes in oil til golden brown and crisp.
- Add bread and oil to pot with boiling water.
- Add salt,pepper and parsley.
- Mash garlic cloves and a little of boiling water to make paste.
- Add paste to soup stirring to distribute.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add beaten eggs a little at a time, stirring as you do so and continue cooking until the eggs have formed ribbons.