- Thin wafers
- Chuck's copy of Joy of Cooking ( 1964 )
Serves/Makes:about 100 paper-thin wafers
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) softened butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- Cream butter.
- Sift and add confectioners sugar.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add vanila.
- Add flour alternately with milk.
- Beat until creamy.
- Lightly butter a 14 x 16 inch cookie sheet.
- Chill the sheet.
- With a spatula, spread 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the mixture over the sheet, as thin and as evenly as possible.
- You may sprinkle with chopped nuts, cinnamon sugar or grated lemon rind
- pressing them down a bit so they will stick.
- With a sharp knife mark off the batter into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 325 degrees (175 C.) for about 5 minutes or until brown.
- When done and still hot cut through the squares and remove from the sheet with a spatula.
- The cakes cool quickly and break easily, so work fast.
- Store in a tightly covered tin.
- Will keep for several weeks.
- Hope this is what you are looking for. Only thing I can find.
If it is "ENJOY"