Spicy Crab and Shrimp Dip
- One of my own inventions
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). cooked shrimp
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Season All
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). vegetable oil
- 2 pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). crab or imitation crab, cut into pieces
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, minced
- 6 green onions, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). apple cider vinegar
- assorted crackers
- Rinse and pull the tails off of the shrimp, cut into small pieces.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan.
- Saute shrimp, season all and red pepper flakes, about 1 minute.
- Let Cool.
- Mix cream cheese, onions, jalapeno and vinegar thoughly combined.
- Add shrimp and crab being careful not to break up crab too much.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- When I first put this recipe together I wanted to make a cracker dip that I didn't have to bake, and that could be eaten cold. I found recipes that had variations on this idea, but I couldn't find anything that was quite what I wanted so I decided to make my own. It turned out to be a great success.