- A spicy meaty dish topped with cornbread
- Ellie Foster
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean ground beef
- 2 pkgs. taco seasoning mix (can make more spicy if desired)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced onions
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). can whole kernal corn, do not drain
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). can tomato sauce
- 10 slices Cheddar cheese (can use grated)
- 2 boxes favorite cornbread mix mixed according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Brown beef.
- Add seasoning, peppers, onions, tomatoes, corn and tomato sauce.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Pour into baking pan (large cake pan will do).
- While HOT top with cheese slices.
- Pour cornbread (mixed) over top to cover.
- Bake until cornbread is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Suggestion: Serve with a green salad for a complete meal!
This doubles or triples very well...you may adjust the cornbread to your liking...I have served this to family, neighbors, club members and everyone wanted receipes!