- Hungarian sausage dish
- Maxine Wagerman
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 2 or more green peppers
- 8 pairs Danish smoked sausage
- steamed rice
- Saute onion in oil.
- Add peppers.
- Cook until transparent.
- Add paprika and cook a few seconds.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste and a little water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 30 mins or until peppers are soft.
- Slice the sausage, add to pot and cook until tender.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- This makes a lovely light supper dish. Serve with a crusty bread if you don't like rice.