- R. Medeiros(From a resturant in Connecticut)
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). hamburger
- 1 large onion
- 1 5 oz (140 grm). bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chili powder
- 5 tbsp (70 ml). A-1 Sauce
- 5 tbsp (70 ml). ketchup
- 1 cup (225 ml) of water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot pepper sauce, optional
- Combine hamburger and Worcestershire sauce in a large skillet.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) of water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, onion, chili powder and A-1 sauce.
- Mash down until hamburger is a fine consistency.
- Cook for 2 hours on low heat.
- Add a little water from time to time, if necessary.
- May add hot pepper sauce if a hotter sauce is desired.