Chocolate Crossiant Pudding
- Croissant Pudding with Chocolate
- John Driscoll
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 croissant rolls (soft)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter
- to serve: 3/4 cup (175 ml) whipped cream
- Bring cream, milk and salt slowly to a boil in heavy saucepan, then remove from heat.
- Sift cocoa powder over top and whisk until blended.
- Beat eggs and sugar together then beat in the cocoa mixture.
- Cut croissants into thin slices and lightly butter.
- Place sliced bread in serving dishes so that slices are layered above dish rim.
- Pour chocolate custard around the sides.
- Put dishes in roasting pan filled with water that comes halfway up sides of dishes.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 40 minutes.
- Top edges of croissant slices should be brown.
- Serve with heavy whipping cream over top.
- I know this doesn't contain white chocolate.....perhaps you can modifiy.