- John Driscoll
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg yoke
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) oilve oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- Crush garlic in a small bowl with pinch of salt until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add egg yoke and dry mustard and beat well.
- Beat in the oil drop by drop until the mixture is thick and smooth and all oil has been absorbed.
- Beat in lemon juice and pepper to taste.
- This is a simple garlic sauce. True Province aoili is mixed with mayonnaise and served with cold meats and fish, hard boiled eggs and soups. Without the mayo it should work nicely on pizza.