- Meatloaf made in a Skillet
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). hamburger
- 1/2 can Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry minced onions
- 1/2 bottle A-1 Steak Sauce
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- In a large bowl mix hamburger, egg, A-1 (to taste), and minced onions (to taste).
- Start adding the Italian bread crumbs until the meat will not fall apart when formed into a ball (usually about 1/2 can of crumbs).
- Form meat into a loaf with your hands and place it in the middle of a large skillet.
- Pour water into the skillet until it is about 1 inch deep, cover and cook on medium heat for 1 hour.
- Remember to check your meatloaf so that the water doesn't completely dry up.
- Add more as needed.
- After you've cooked it for one hour, pour 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup over the top and mix with the drippings in the pan.
- Cover and cook for additional 1/2 hour.
- Your meatloaf will have a wounderful gravy that my family likes to put on mashed potatos and sop up with fresh bread!