- Salmon fillet with honey mustard glaze
- John Driscoll
- 1 lb (.5 kg) fresh salmon flillet
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Dijon mustard
- mixed fancy salad greens
- salt and pepper
- Slice salmon fillet into 4 portions (easier to do this while salmon is raw).
- Mix honey and mustard and heat, stirring frequently, until it's thin (microwave is good for this).
- Coat uncooked fillets with honey mixture.
- Grill over medium heat so as not to excessively char honey and not overcook (5 to 10 minutes depending on fillet thickness.
- Baste with extra honey.
- Serve immediately over bed of mixed greens (fancy lettuces, mustard greens and dandelion add variety and flavor).
- Offer salt and pepper when serving.
- These salmon fillets also make a wonderful lunch or dinner sandwich when placed between toasted bread with crisp bacon strips and greens.