- Phyllo dough sheets, feta cheese, and spinach make this flavorful Greek dish.
- John Driscoll
- 10 ounces spinach, chopped, defrosted, and drained until dry
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 4 eggs, lightly whipped
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package phyllo dough sheets, defrosted
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Drain spinach (squeezing) until dry.
- Cook onion in the olive oil until soft.
- Mix together the spinach, onion, eggs, cheeses, and seasonings.
- Butter a medium casserole dish.
- Place a few layers of phyllo (buttering each sheet) in the dish.
- Top with a thin layer of mix.
- Repeat (six to ten times), ending with a layer of phyllo.
- Brush butter on top and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- This is a Greek style recipe that I'm planning on fixing this weekend.