Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- Betty Crocker's Cookie Book
Serves/Makes:about 6 dozen
- 2 cups (475 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 oz (112 grm). melted unsweetened chocolate (cool)
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) powdered suger
- Mix granulated sugar, oil, chocolate and vanilla.
- Mix in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Drop dough by tspful into powdered sugar; roll around to coat.
- Shape into balls.
- Place about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake until almost no indentation remains when touched, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Delicious and easy!!