Serves/Makes:16 or more servings
- 1 pkg spice cake mix
- 1 can (1 lb) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts (optional
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1/2 stick margarine. softened
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and nuts.
- Blend at low speed until completely moistened, about 1 minute.
- Beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Spread batter in a greased and floured 13x9x2 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the sugar, flour, softened butter and cinnamon with a pastry blender.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- This is my favorite cake for the winter. I always request it for my birthday which is in October.