Microwave Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- Laura in Missouri
Serves/Makes:about 4 dozen cookies
- 10 tbsp (150 ml) butter or margarine
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- confectioners' sugar
- Microwave butter in medium micro-proof bowl at high (100%) for 45 to 60 seconds or until melted.
- Add cocoa; blend well.
- Beat in sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or until firm.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Cover micro-proof plate with wax paper.
- Place 8 balls 2 inches apart in circular shape on wax paper.
- Microwave at medium (50%) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until surface is dry but cookies are soft when touched.
- Cool on wax paper on countertop.
- Repeat cooking procedure with remaining dough.
- Before serving, sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar.