- Laura in Missouri
Serves/Makes:about 4 dozen
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 4 squares (1 oz (28 grm) each) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups (475 ml) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts or pecans
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- In small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In large mixer bowl, combine melted chocolate mixture, 1 cup (225 ml) of the flour, granulated sugar, eggs, baking powder and salt.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup (225 ml) flour and the nuts.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 300 deg.
- Shape rounded tspfuls of dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Remove immediately.