Pheasant in Cracker Crumbs
- 1 wild pheasant cut into pieces as with frying chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of melted butter
- 2 packs of crushed crackers (Hi-Ho or Ritz type)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Morton's Seasoning Salt.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- Melt the butter and coat pheasant pieces.
- Crush the crackers in a food processer with the seasoned salt and put in a plastic bag.
- Shake the pheasant until well coated.
- Place in an oven safe baking dish, add the wine and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degreesfor 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 to 20 munutes, or until done.
- This is the pheasant recipe game bird hunters swear by in Oklahoma. It is a favorite game bird dish and is attractive to serve. Everyone says that the secret is the Hi-Ho crackers. Don't substitute unless you can't find them.