Italian Florentine Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- From Tammy
- 4 chicken breast halves (with bone)
- 1 8oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parmesan or parmesan romano cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) minced onion
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced garlic
- large jar of your favorite spagetti sauce or pot of your own homemade sauce.
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- cooked pasta
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Drain thawed chopped spinach and squeeze almost dry.
- In a medium bowl mix spinach, onion, garlic and cheese until blended.
- Stuff each breast pocket with equal amounts of mixture.
- If there is no natural pocket in breast, slice side with knife to open a pocket.
- Lay each breast bone side down in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Cover with sauce.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven approximately one hour or until fork tender.
- Serve with your favorite shape pasta and remaining sauce.
- This recipe always goes over big even with people who don't care for spinach. It is quick and easy enough to serve for company, and everyone loves italian.