- Interesting blend of flavors contribute to this delicious soup
- John Driscoll
- 1 cup (225 ml) dry white wine
- 3 cups (700 ml) beef broth
- 4 cups (950 ml) V-8 Juice
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) freshly ground pepper
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry sherry
- Combine all ingredients except sherry.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Return to pan and add sherry.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve with lemon slice.
- From famous resturant in Taos New Mexico.