- John Driscoll
- 2 pounds mussels, about 2 inches long
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) finely crushed dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sprig of minced parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) of oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) basil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- Arrange layer of mussels on the halfshell in a shallow baking dish/pan.
- Mix all ingredients and lightly cover the mussels with the mixture.
- Sprinkle mussel juice (can substitute clam juice) over them and bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve as appetizer with garlic/butter French bread.