Ham and Cheese Brunch Bake
- Erin Hesse
Serves/Makes:10 to 12
- 24-oz. package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked ham, cubed
- 2 cups (475 ml) cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 16 oz (448 grm).low-fat sour cream
- 10 oz (280 grm). can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 10 oz (280 grm). can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Thaw the hash brown potatoes and combine them in a large mixing bowl with the diced ham, a half cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, and the chopped onion.
- In a separate mixing bowl, blend together the sour cream, cheddar cheese and potato soups, and black pepper.
- Add the sour cream and soup mixture to the potatoes and ham, making sure all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 3 quarts (2850 ml) oven-proof baking dish.
- Top with more cheese, and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for an hour.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.