- One of Chucks Thousands (Navajo Chinle Agency, Arizona)
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs (15 ml) baking powder
- 2 tbs (30 ml) dry milk powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) warm water
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gradually add warm water.
- mix to form a soft firm ball.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Divide into 8 pieces.
- On a floured surface pat or roll each piece intoan 8 inch circle about 3/4 inch thick.
- Slip rounds into hot fat and fry, turning once; about 2 minutes each side, until golden and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, keeping warm while frying other dough.
- Hope this will help you.
I will also post a recipe for a Chili Topping for the bread.