Chili Topping for Squaw Bread
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground meat
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chili powder
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked pinto beans
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) shredded American cheese
- squaw bread
- chopped tomato
- chopped onion
- Fry meat in oil until no longer pink, breaking up as it cooks.
- Stir in chili powder and pinto beans.
- Cook about 3 minutes or until beans are hot.
- Blend in the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Put mixture on squaw bread, top with chopped onion and tomato.
- Have not tried this but I would add some cumin, oregano and to spice it up add some chopped jalapenos or chipotle peppers, perhaps in adobo sauce.