- Sweet/Tart Dessert
- Teri Shute
Serves/Makes:8 or 9 inch pie plate
- 2 cups (475 ml) fresh whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) scant sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsley chopped pecans
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) shortening, melted
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, melted
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Combine cranberries, 1/2 cup (125 ml) scant sugar, and pecans.
- Spread on the bottom of a well greased quiche or pie pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with remaining sugar.
- Add shortening, flour, and butter. Beat well.
- Pour batter over berries and pecan mixture.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.
- This is an easy yummy dessert. I make it at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is very light and not too sweet. It is also very good served as a coffee cake in the morning.