- Anita's Tried & True Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine, chilled
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) corn syrup, light
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) reduced fat margarine
- 4 oz (112 grm). peanuts
- 4 oz (112 grm). walnut pieces
- 4 oz (112 grm). pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Prepare a 11 x 7 inch dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, half cup margarine, brown sugar, and salt.
- Mix until resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press evenly mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until edges are light brown.
- Meanwhile, combine butterscotch chips, corn syrup, and margarine in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until chips are melted and smooth, stirring constantly. Remove heat.
- Fold in peanuts, walnut pieces, and pecans. Mix well.
- Spread onto baked layer.
- Bake bars for 12 minutes, or until edges are bubbly.
- Per serving: 236 Calories; 12g Fat (43% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 1mg Cholesterol; 155mg Sodium
- I made these bars yesterday morning. They are very good!
Anita's Tried & True Recipes