- Grace Elvers
- 2 bags frozen kernel corn (defrosted)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) whipping cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). flour mixed with 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring whipping cream to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and add corn.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt and sugar.
- Make a paste out of the butter and flour, and stir into the corn and cook until thickened.
- Turn into oven proof dish, sprinkle with cheese and dot with butter.
- Refrigerate up to 4 days.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
- When using this recipe for a holiday meal it will probably serve at least 10 because of the large amount of other dishes usually served.