- Grace Elvers
Serves/Makes:14-18 pound turkey
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped celery
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onions
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 4 guarts herb flavored bread cubes
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken broth
- Cook the celery and onion in the butter until golden brown.
- Add the flavored bread cubes and toss lightly.
- Pour broth over and stir to blend.
- Keep the stuffing refrigerated 2-3 days.
- Then stuff the turkey or bake for about 1 hour at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Sometimes I add chopped apple to the mixture just before stuffing turkey or baking.