Thanda's Cajun New Potatoes
- Spicy little red potatoes
- Thanda Louviere
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg) of little red potatoes
- 1 bag of crab boil
- 1 large pot of boiling water
- liberal dash of crushed red pepper
- large 1 tbsp (15 ml) of butter
- Cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's or Zatarain's)
- 1 large onion (peeled)
- Clean potatoes.
- Boil potatoes in large pot with crab boil and crushed red pepper until tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Save 1/4 cup (60 ml) of crab boil water to saute' onion.
- Peel and dice onion in medium pieces.
- Saute' onion with butter and crab boil water until onion is brown and tender (not burnt).
- Pour onion sauce onto potatoes and stir.
- If potatoes are not seasoned enough to your taste, sprinkle cajun seasoning and crushed red pepper.
- Stir and serve.
- If you do not have crab boil, make your own seasoning.
Simply add a large dose of crushed and ground red pepper, salt, and minced garlic to your water.
Boil a cut up lemon with your potatoes to add zest.