- Angela Creighton
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). bag frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) sugar
- 2-1/4 inch-thick lemon slices
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- lemon wedges
- low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Bring first 7 ingredients to boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer until berries are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Discard lemon slices and cinnamon stick.
- Puree half of soup in blender or processor.
- Transfer all of soup to medium bowl and refrigerate until very cold.
- Divide soup between 2 bowls.
- Serve with lemon wedges and dollop of vanilla yogurt.