- Angela Creighton
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). lean ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 tsp (10 ml) poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) allspice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) savory
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup (225 ml) mashed potatoes
- pastry for an 8" two crust pie
- Brown meat and onion.
- Drain fat and mix with other ingredients.
- Fill pie shell with meat mixture and cover with top crust.
- Crimp and seal the edges and make slits on the top.
- Make foil collar for edge of crust so that the edge does not burn.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees (175 C.) and bake for an additional 20 minutes.