Cream Puffs in Chocolate Syrup
- Cream puffs in a chocolate syrup
- Angela Creighton
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) butter
- 1-1/8 cups (275 ml) milk
- 1-1/8 cups (275 ml) flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- vanilla pudding, prepared
- chocolate syrup
- For Pastry:
- Combine butter, milk and salt in a large saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until butter is melted.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in the flour, all at once, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- Return the saucepan to the heat for a minute, stirring constantly until the dough comes away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- THOROUGHLY beat in the eggs, ONE AT A TIME.
- The dough should become shiny and golden.
- Grease a cookie sheet and lightly sprinkle it with flour.
- Pipe small round shapes of dough on sheet.
- The dough doubles in size when baked so leave ample space between them.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree (225 C.) oven for 20 minutes.
- Cut puffs almost in half.
- Fill with vanilla pudding.
- Serve with chocolate syrup.