- Vicky Bryant
- Baked 9" pie crust
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soft margarine
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 squares semi-sweet chocolate - melted
- Cream sugar and margarine.
- Add melted chocolate when completely cool and vanilla.
- Add 1 egg, beat for 5 minutes at medium speed with hand mixer.
- Add 2nd egg, beat for 10 minutes at medium speed or until you cannot taste sugar - these last two steps are very important for the pie to be a success.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Top with whipped cream (can be piped on in design).
- Top with chopped pecans if desired.
- Use a potato peeler and shave chocolate in curls on top of whipped cream or use a grater.
- Serve or may be refrigerated for several hours.