Chicken For The Multitudes
- Vicky Bryant
- 1 whole chicken, cooked (pressure cooker or stewed) with onion, carrot and celery
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 bag of herb seasoned stuffing
- Remove chicken from bones and spread in a 2 quarts (1900 ml), round, casserole dish.
- Combine chicken and mushroom soup and milk.
- Pour over chicken.
- Mix chicken broth, melted butter and stuffing.
- Spread on top of casserole, pressing lightly.
- Bake 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35 minutes.
- All cream of chicken can be used or all cream of mushroom. Cream of celery and cream of onion can also be used.
I don't know why; but, I prefer this in a round casserole versus an oblong one.