Old Fashioned Banana Pudding
- Vicky Bryant
- 2 large boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 8 oz (224 grm). carton sour cream
- 5 - 6 bananas
- 5 cups (1175 ml) milk
- 1 large Cool Whip
- 1 box 'Nilla Wafers
- Mix pudding and milk together with beaters.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Fold in Cool Whip, leaving enough to spread on top.
- Place a layer of 'Nilla Wafers and bananas in dish.
- Pour layer of pudding on top.
- Repeat layers one or two times depending on diameter of bowl being used.
- Top with reserved Cool Whip.
- I have been told there is also a recipe on the box of 'Nilla Wafers. I don't know if it also uses instant puddings or if it is totally from scratch. I guess if you wanted to make it the really old-fashioned way you could make your own vanilla pudding and whipped cream. I'm still looking for a recipe from scratch though. As fast as it gets eaten I'd use the instant stuff!!!!!