- William Bohannon
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 3 oz (84 grm). cooked canned shrimp or minced clams
- 1 lb (.5 kg). immitation or real crabmeat
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) blackened seasoning
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mixed Italian seasoning
- 3 cups (700 ml) or more bread crumbs to thicken
- Heat everything except bread crumbs to a simmer for 8-10 min.
- Add bread crumbs to hot mixture and stir.
- Remove from heat.
- Form into crab cakes and dredge in flour then fry on both sides till golden brown.
- Or stuff lobsters, artichokes, tomatoes, mushrooms, ect with the mixture and broil with garlic butter.
- Serve with Beurre Blanc or your favorite flavored Bearnaise sauce.
- Very easy and delicious.