Jellied Cranberry-Apricot Sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) orange juice
- 1/4 oz (7 grm). envelope unflavored gelatin
- 12 oz (336 grm). fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) port wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) toasted, broken pecan pieces
- Measure out 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice and sprinkle gelatin over the juice.
- Set aside to soften.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, port, remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice, apricots and sugars.
- Bring to a boil while stirring to dissolve sugars.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add gelatin mixture while stirring and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a 4-cup mold or dish lightly sprayed with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
- Smooth the top.
- Refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- If using a mold: to serve, dip the bottom of the mold in hot water.
- Turn onto a serving plate, tapping mold to release jellied sauce.
- This was a hit at our Thanksgiving and a great holiday side to almost any meat.