- John Driscoll
- 1 pkg Top Ramen Noodles - seasoned work best
- 4 cups (950 ml) shredded cabbage (regular cabbage or napa cabbage)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced green onions
- 6 Tbsp (90 ml) white or rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- few drops sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- slivered almonds may also be added (if desired)
- Toss all ingredients except noodles.
- Just before serving break-up noodles and stir into salad mixture.
- Let stand a few minutes and serve.
- The noodles get soggy after sitting in mixture so don't prepare too far in advance.
I don't use the seasoning mixture packet usually found in Ramen package, but prefer preseasoned noodles typically found at speciality stores.