- A Sweet Venison Stew
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean venison, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- water to cover
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce or to taste (add more at end if desired)
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) steak sauce or to taste (add more at end if desired)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Harvey's Bristol Cream or Savory & James liqueur
- roux to thicken (flour & water) or whatever you use to thicken gravy
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sliced bread or cooked rice or noodles
- Put cubed venison, onions, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and water in crockpot.
- Simmer until meat is tender.
- Add rue to thicken.
- Add Harvey's or Savory and simmer another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve over bread slices or rice or noodles.
- It's not necessary to use the liqueur but that's what gives it it's unique flavor. Enjoy!