- Portuguese dish, translates as "green soup."
- from Nick Sundburg Emazing.com
- 1 ounce Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Garlic, minced
- 2 large Potatoes, peeled, sliced
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) Water
- 8 ounces hard Sausage (pepperoni or chorizo work well), sliced
- 1 pound Kale, shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until just soft.
- Add the water and potatoes and cook until very tender.
- Mash the potatoes in the pot.
- Add the sausage and kale and simmer 10 minutes.
- Check the seasonings.
- Serve warm with a hearty bread.