- Boiled Artichokes
- Melody McAllister
- 2 Artichokes
- Melted Butter
- Ranch salad dressing
- Rinse artichokes well.
- Cut tips off of leaves,with a pair of scissors, holding it by the stem
- Cut about 1/2 inch off of the top of the artichoke with a knife.
- Cut off stem.
- Place in large kettle and cover with water.
- Add a generous amount of salt. (about 2 tsp)
- Bring to a boil, and boil for about 45 minutes or until it feels tender when you insert a sharp knife in the bottom.
- Turn upside down and drain.
- Serve whole with melted butter, or (my favorite) Uncle Dan's Original southern (Ranch) Dressing (it's a package mix) made with sour cream and mayonaise.
- Eat just the tender part at the base of the leaves.
- When leaves are gone, scrape purple and white petals from top of heart and trim bottom of stem.
- Dip artichoke heart in melted butter or dressing.