Pea-Pickin Cake (Don't worry, no peas)
- Extremely moist, rich cake
- The Ragsdale Family
Serves/Makes:1- 3 layer, 9" cake
- 1 Box yellow cake mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) oil
- 8 oz (224 grm). Mandarin oranges w/juice
- 8 oz (224 grm). Cool Whip
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 20 oz (560 grm). can crushed pineapple
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix all cake ingredients together.
- Grease and flour 3-9" pans.
- Make 3-9" layers.
- At this point, follow box instructions for baking times.
- Add pudding first.
- Add pineapple w/juice second.
- Stir in cool whip last.
- Mix with spoon until blended.
- Refridgerate at least 1 hr. before frosting cake.
- ENJOY !!!
- Let the cakes cool completely to ease the task of stacking.
Caution, these cakes are REALLY moist so be careful removing from pans.
A well greased/floured pan helps alot.