Sauteed N'awlins Barbeque Shrimp
- Shrimp in spicy garlic butter
- William Bohannon
- 12 raw jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). salted butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) minced fresh garlic
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) blackened seasoning
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). nutmeg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). mixed Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 3 drops liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 bottle red wine, for drinking
- In saute pan melt butter and add garlic.
- Saute briefly, then add the shrimp.
- Saute for 2 minutes then add the remaining ingredients.
- Sautee for 5 minutes and stir well.
- Serve over or with the French bread and use the bread to sop up the sauce.
- Drink red wine with this meal for the complete experience.
- I have used this recipe for years always have people begging for it.
This recipe given to me from an old man from New Orleans.
It contains nutmeg which you probably won't find in similar versions.
Sometimes I make it hot and spicy sometimes sweet.
Feel free to change it to your liking.
It is always a hit at parties and so easy to make.